You’re Invited to a Round Table Discussion
Disability Rights and Voting Experiences in the Austin Area
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Disability Rights Texas Headquarters
2222 West Braker Lane, Austin
General Meeting. Open and Free to all LWV Members and the Public.
Hosted by Molly Broadway, Training and Technical Specialist for Voting Rights, with Disability Rights Texas.
Learn how leaders from disability rights organizations are working to strengthen citizen participation through voting and political involvement. We will discuss problems and solutions, and form a network to ensure that everyone has access to their voting rights. Refreshments and networking time included.
• Molly Broadway, Disability Rights Texas, Training and Technical Specialist for Voting Rights
• Speakers from REV UP (Register, Educate, Vote, Use our Power) the Disability Vote
• Cassie Champion, Texas Civil Rights Project
• Cavan Ó Raghallaigh, Community advocate/legislative liaison for LGBTQ organizations Texas Two Spirits Society, Legalize Human, and Equality Texas
• Celina Moreno, Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
• Cheryl Reese, Travis County Voter Registration & Ex-Offender/Incarceration community
• Mary Moran, Ex-Offender community
For more information and to volunteer to help with outreach and refreshments 25th meeting, contact Lea Masiello programs@LWVAustin.org.