LWV Austin is pleased to invite its members to the Annual Membership Meeting!
This meeting, for members only, is more than just a meal and mingling with fellow members. It is our annual business meeting when, among other things, we select officers and board members for expired terms; approve the FY 2018 budget, and handle items of business such as amendments to bylaws.
LVW Austin Annual Membership Meeting
12 pm Saturday, May 20, 2017
Trinity United Methodist Church
4001 Speedway, Austin, TX
This year’s meeting will be held on Saturday, May 20th at noon at the Trinity United Methodist Church with a catered lunch for $10.
In conjunction with the meeting, the Board of Directors provides the entire membership with an Annual Workbook (PDF). If you can’t download the workbook, call the League office at 512.451.6710 or email LWVAustin@LWVAustin.org to request a copy. The 2016 Annual Meeting minutes are available here (docx format).
The Annual Workbook provides important information for both new and long-serving members about:
- Issues to be voted upon during the Annual Meeting, and
- The League’s structure, history, recent and current finances, recent and current programs, the League’s progress and significant contributions of lifetime members.
Votes to be taken during the Annual Meeting include:
- Changes in the bylaws
- Adoption of local programs
- Adoption of the 2017-18 budget
- Election of officers and directors
- Election of a chair and two members of the nominating committee
Please read the Workbook prior to the meeting and bring the workbook and your questions/comments to the meeting. You will also be presented with information and opportunities regarding personal involvement in League activities.
Members: please RSVP and pay the $10 lunch fee ASAP by clicking here!
Thank you for your engagement with and support of the League of Women Voters – Austin Area!